East Village, Neighborhood Spotlight
Downtown San Diego has 7 livable neighborhoods and the East Village is known for its culture, activity, and the arts.
Spanning the entire East-side of Downtown, the East Village was once filled by factories with majority of its potential left undeveloped.
By the 1920’s, the popularity of Vaudeville put Balboa Theatre on the map making San Diego an entertainment destination.
East Village, Spots & Events
The East Village is by far the largest of the Downtown neighborhoods and encompasses staples of San Diego, including Petco Park and the Central Library.
Aside from its historical appeal, the East Village is a lively neighborhood characterized by modern living accommodations including mid to high rise condo and apartment towers, chic eateries such as Bottego Americano, and an entrepreneurial vibe courtesy of the areas bustling young professionals.
East Village, Investment Opportunities
Join us by watching the short video below as we tour the East Village and see for yourself why Downtown San Diego’s East Village breaths life into the entire city.
San Diego Premier Property Management currently provides professional management services for numerous rental properties in many of the the East Village’s most notable condominium developments.
The following developments offer a range of rental income opportunities.
East Village Medium Home Value: $517,000
Average Rental Rate: $2,595/Month (Zillow July 2019)
The Alta Condos development is located on the corner of 6th Ave & Market Street and is comprised of 21 floors and 179 units with a walkability rating of 97%.
- Built in 2007
- Studio, one, & two bedroom floor-plans ranging from 482 to 1227 square feet.
- Monthly HOA dues from $500+
- Amenities: Lap pool, spa, gym, entertainment room.
- Price Range: $325,000 to $1,100,000 (2017)
- Rental Rates starting at $2,200 to $4,000/Month (as of 7/19)
The Icon Condos are located on the city block bounded by J and K Streets and 10th and 11th Avenues. One of the more popular East Village buildings due to its proximity to Petco Park, dining, & shopping, the Icon is comprised of 4 towers, the tallest being 24 floors and 327 units.
- Built in 2007
- Live/work studios, one, two, & three bedroom floorplans, flats & lofts
- Monthly HOA dues from $450+
- Amenities: Controlled access lobbies with 24 hr on-site property manager and party lounge, exercise room, theater, sky-lounge with views into Petco Park
- Price Range: $325,000 to $1.2M (2017)
- Rental Rates starting at $2,400 to $4,200/Month (as of 7/19)
The Union Square Condos are a mixed use development comprised of 3 building 6 floors high with 262 units. They are located between Broadway Avenue, C Street and 14th and 15th Avenues.
- Built in 2004
- One, two, & three bedroom floorplans
- Monthly HOA dues from $300+
- Amenities: Recreation center, barbecue area, hot-tub, and fitness room
- Price Range: $267,000 to $615,000 (2017)
- Rental Rates starting at $1,800 to $3,000/Month (as of 7/19)
If you have interest in learning more about purchasing rental property in the East Village or currently own a downtown rental property and need professional property management, please contact us today for a Free Rental Analysis.
We hope you enjoyed reading the East Village | Neighborhood Spotlight
Related Articles You Might Enjoy: