San Diego has long been known as being a military town with a strong Navy and Marine presence. As America’s finest city continues to grow and evolve toward a more robust diversified economy, there are still numerous military bases located all over the County with active service members who are in need of off base housing.
Here at San Diego Premier Property Management we strongly support our military by employing military spouses and contributing to military causes when possible.
Recently our office participated in the Adopt a Sailor program.
Watch The Adopt A Sailor Video Here
So you could imagine how excited we were to receive these great pictures back from our brave US Navy Service members aboard the USS Nimitz after receiving our care package.
Nevertheless, we also understand that many rental property owners may have reservations when it comes to renting to active military service members.
Their are many misconceptions regarding how to handle military tenants who are contracted under lease agreements and receive official notice for either deployment or relocation.
See related: What To Know When Renting to Military Tenants
Our continued support of the military over the course of 14 years has allowed us to experience first hand the benefits of renting to active military service members.
So in their support, we’d like to offer these 5 reasons why military service members make great tenants.
5 Reasons Military Service Members Make Great Tenants
1) Pay Rent on Time – Punctuality is extremely important in the military, it’s taught, practiced and reinforced on a daily basis. When it comes time to pay the rent, you can rest assure that fine trait that has been ingrained in our military service members will carry over and result in timely rent payments.
2) Steady Income – Income is guaranteed and scheduled monthly by the US Government. Barring any government shutdowns it’s a steady source of income. Military service members also receive a supplemental housing allowance BAH and you have the opportunity to set them up on a rental allotment.
3) Neat & Clean– Military service members are usually very organized, neat and clean. Often they have minimal furnishings and due to demanding schedules are seldom home meaning less wear and tear on your property.
4) Follow Rules– The military structure is based on being obedient and following rules and orders is essential. Services members tend to follow lease agreement terms and HOA rules and regulations.
5) Pride– Military service members tend to take pride in their communities. They respect others, respect the property and have limited noise complaints, excessive partying or disturbance issues.
We hope you enjoyed reading the 5 Reasons Military Service Members Make Great Tenants
Please take a moment to check out the following
Related Articles You Might Enjoy:
Find out how much your property will rent for here Free Rental Analysis
Post & View San Diego rental homes on our Facebook Group San Diego Rental Homes
⬇Get More! With Exclusive Access to Our Client Newsletter Here ⬇
Ready for Worry Free Property Management
>>Contact Us Today 858-724-6304
Written by Salvatore Friscia, owner of San Diego Premier Property Management a full service residential property management company offering Worry Free property management to the greater San Diego area since 2004 and TenantFinder.com.